Listen to this podcast.
Listen to Susan Crawford and Mike MacLellan explain the new rules for Personal Emergency Leave under Ontario's newly-amended Employment Standards Act. Topics covered include:
- What is Personal Emergency Leave? (1:30)
- What changes did Bill 148 make to Personal Emergency Leave provisions? (3:13)
- Which Employees are Excepted from Personal Emergency Leave provisions? (5:02)
- The Requirement to Give Notice of Personal Emergency (6:02)
- Requiring Proof of a Personal Emergency, Including Medical Information(7:11)
- Hints, Tips, and Advice for Employers (11:38)
This podcast is for information purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Read our comprehensive overview of Bill 148 here.
Browse CCPartners' Employers Edge Blog online at www.ccpartners.ca/blog
Find us on Twitter @CCPartnerslaw and ask your questions using #ASKCCPARTNERS