David is a founding partner of CCP.
David regularly appears as counsel for management in arbitration hearings and labour relations board proceedings under both federal and provincial jurisdictions: the Ontario Labour Relations Act and the Canada Labour Code.
He provides strategic advice on a full range of labour and employment law matters including union organizing and certification, sale of business transactions and corporate reorganizations, grievance and interest arbitrations, employment contracts, wrongful dismissal, pay equity, human rights and accommodation, employment standards, and occupational health and safety.
David’s practice also involves regularly acting as a spokesperson for or advisor to management in collective agreement negotiations.
In addition, David presents workshops and seminars on various labour and employment law topics for management/supervisors as well as human resources and legal professionals.
Presentations include the following:
- “Investigating Misconduct – An update on error-free approaches” – Lancaster House Audio Conference, October 7, 2010
- “Employment Standards Act in Ontario” – Lorman Education Services Conference, June 8, 2010, November 22, 2005 and November 10, 2004
- “Addressing Cases Involving Both Misconduct and Disability: Balancing Discipline and Accommodation” – Lancaster Human Rights and Accommodation Conference, March 25, 2009
- “Returning Employees to Work: Navigating The Maze” – Lancaster House Audio Conference, November 5, 2008
- “Accommodating Family Status in the Workplace: The Changing Law” – Lancaster House Audio Conference, October 2, 2008
- “How to Conduct an Effective Harassment Investigation” – Lancaster Human Rights Conference, Post-Conference Workshop, April 2, 2008
- “Essential Issues in Damages” – Ontario Bar Association Conference, Critical and Emerging Issues in a Labour and Employment Practice, February 5, 2008
- “Labour versus Employment Law: Examining the Different Rules on Discharge and Discipline” – Lancaster House Audio Conference, December 13, 2007
- “Freedom of Expression in the Workplace: Pushing the Envelope” – Lancaster Human Rights and Workplace Privacy Conference (Toronto), April 4, 2007
- “Bill 107: Implications for a Unionized Workplace” – Ontario Bar Association Conference, Human Rights and Labour Law: New Challenges and New Directions in 2007, February 5, 2007
- “Strategies for Dealing with Mental Illness” – Lancaster House Human Rights Conference Workshop, November 4, 2005
- “Seniority and the Duty to Accommodate” – Lancaster House Audio Conference, September 22, 2005
- “Accommodation Measures and Options” – Lancaster House Audio Conference, September 23, 2004
- “Reconciling Attendance Management and the Duty to Accommodate” – Lancaster Human Rights Conference (Toronto), February 27, 2004
- “Employee Leave Issues in Ontario” – Lorman Education Services Conference, June 23, 2003
- “Attendance Management and the Duty to Accommodate” – Lancaster House Audio Conference, April 2, 2003.
In addition, David has presented customized seminars to clients on a number of topics including the following:
- “Union Certification and Organizing Tactics”
- “Human Rights and the Duty to Accommodate in the Workplace”
- “Managing in an Unionized Environment”
- “Responding to Substance Abuse in the Workplace”
- “Performance Management through Progressive Discipline”
- “Managing Grievances and the Arbitration Process”
- “Job Posting and Candidate Selection”
- “Investigating Harassment and Aggressive Behaviour”
David is also a part-owner of The Employers' Choice Inc.
Nov 07, 2018
On November 7, 2018 Karen Fields and David Chondon will speak at the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce on Employment Contracts....MORE
Oct 17, 2018
On October 17, 2018 David Chondon spoke at the Osgoode Hall Law School Professional Development session in conjunction with the Human Resources Pro......MORE
Nov 06, 2014
Dave will be part of a Panel Discussion at the HR Leaders Summit, on Legal Update: Risk Management in the Information Age....MORE
Member of Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE) Member of Ontario Bar Association
In Ontario many construction industry collective agreement negotiations take place every three years. On April 30th of this year, collective agreem......MORE
Crawford Chondon & Partners LLP is pleased to recognize one of our business partners, Bonni Titgemeyer, in her nomination and selection as one ......MORE
Our earlier blog on the landmark ruling of the Supreme Court of Canada in Ontario (Attorney General) v. Fraser referenced the Court’s rejecti......MORE