Listen to this podcast.
Listen to Angela Wiggins and Brian Silva explain the law as it relates to non-solicitation and non-competition clauses in employment agreements. Topics include:
- Introduction (0:00)
- Discussion of Employment Agreements (2:20)
- Discussion of types of restrictive covenants (3:12)
- Assessing the Value of Enforceability (5:10)
- Factors Used by Courts to Assess Clauses(7:09)
- Remedies for a Breach (11:57)
- Conclusion/summary (12:50)
This podcast is for information purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Read Angela's blog on restrictive covenants titled "NON-COMPETE CLAUSES – AN OFTEN USED BUT RARELY EFFECTIVE TOOL" here.
Browse CCPartners' Employers Edge Blog online at www.ccpartners.ca/blog.
Find us on Twitter @CCPartnerslaw and ask your questions using #ASKCCPARTNERS.